Sunday, February 1, 2015

Where is She?

Where is she?

Did I abandon her?

Even if I tried, I don't remember when she disappeared: that's how lost I've been. She never did me any wrong. Actually, all she did was foster my best self. We would play house with my friends at recess and I would always use my imagination. Wow, it's been awhile since I've even thought about imagination. I guess she took that with her when she left....along with so many other things.

She is me. Well, was me. She is my inner child that looks at a backyard and sees a tropical forest that no one has explored before. She looks at the stairs inside my home and envisions herself climbing up Mount Everest. When she's riding a bike, she is actually flying through the fluffy clouds made up of cotton candy. Her favorite clouds were always the pink ones.

When I was 8, I could not even imagine life without her. But now I'm a senior and she's hiding. How did I get to the point where I think that I don't need her anymore? I mean, I'm about to go off into the adult world where I'll probably get brainwashed. This is when I need her the most.

This post is for her. It's a plead for her to come back and help me learn to be creative again. To help me see the world for more than what's actually right there.

Please come back. I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. "This post is for her. Its a plead for her to come back and help me learn to be creative again." This. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete